24.2.09

"Captain Nemo, your camper is ready, sir!"


Vintage Trailer Showcase #16

"That's no ordinary camper, it's a Clipper!"
Fresh from the backlots of southern California, where they wee once as common as former Liz Taylor spouses, this vintage 1936 Clipper is undergoing a restoration and complete tear down. Known for their "scary" snouts and windswept style, they were also famous for being the weirdest thing you'll see in your rear view mirror.
I don't have much info on this, except that it came from a camper forum several years ago, with no more accompanying info.
Sadly, I have very few Clipper photos, but will include what I have in a collection.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very cool. I saw a startup company in Chicago, they had a warehouse for their facility, they dragged a couple of these guys in, wired them up for DSL and phone and turned them in office. My own fortress of solitude at work. How cool would that be!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen so many cool old campers. They really are kind of neat, and I agree with sank, they would be a awesoem office!