19.4.09

Vintage Camper Showcase #19 - 007's weekender





















Those wacky Brits! First they drive on the wrong side of the road, then they eat "pie" made of meat and without fruit, and drink warm beer with an egg in it, and then they make this crazy camper!
Somewhere in between they conjured up James Bond, Robin Hood and Twiggy - which are all cool - and of course the music is among the best in all of humanity.
Oh yeah, and I'm totally all over Monty Python and slinky brunettes with a British accent are sexier than the Victoria's catalog.
But leave the campers to the bloody Yanks! Here's why.
Even though it looks sorta cool, it reportedly didn't work all that well. It's a 1963 Martin Walter Romany Conversion Bedford Dormobile. 
Yes, I know. A mouthful. Quick say it by memory! A little clunky, maybe, but worthy of a view. And I'm sure they're worth a pretty pound these days!
"I say, Love, throw me a few quid for a loxie if you might. The old birds' feeling a bit randy, if you know what I mean..."

No comments: